UV Optics is widely used in many focusing, or collimation applications. In addition, it is also considered the best optics to be used in different laser applications that extend into or operate in the ultraviolet spectrum. It is designed from single or multiple elements that are designed for optimal performance while utilized in ultraviolet light. It uses specific substrates along with anti-reflection coatings for maintaining high performance while using below 400nm. In addition, it also comes with either of them to provide excellent results in the infrared, visible or near-infrared spectra.
It is designed to provide superior chromatic aberration correction with different substrates from calcium fluoride or UV fused silica to anti-reflection coatings. Modern manufacturing techniques with utmost attention to the cleanliness are employed for offering the best UV optics. Proper grinding or polishing methods are used to ensure to remove the chances of micro roughness and fractures.
Applications of UV Optics:
1) Used with polychromatic illumination in different fluorescence applications.
2) Employed to focus ultraviolet light sources.
Features of UV Optics:
1) No pits, flaws or errors
2) No coating impurities on the optical surface
3) Proven optics for high energy lasers operating in the UV range
4) Greater transmission of more than 90% from 350nm-7m